Daniel TONG, MD
- General Surgery
- Thyroid Clinic
- Hepato-pancreatic-biliary surgery
- Gastrointestinal and Colorectal Surgery
- Proctology Clinic
- Hernia Surgery Clinic
- Varicose Vein Clinic
- Thyroid Nodule Clinic
- Jiahui International Hospital
- Jiahui Health (Jing'an)
- Languages:普通话, English
Dr. Daniel TONG graduated from The Second Military Medical University and obtained his M.D. and then received his Master Degree at Tongji University, Medical School. He finished his internship at Changhai Hospital affiliated to the Second Military Medical University. He went through his residency at the Sixth People’s Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University. Prior to joining in Jiahui, Dr. Tong worked as an attending physician in General Surgery Department of the Sixth People’s Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University. He has more than ten-year experience in the clinical practice, and successfully completed more than one thousand general surgeries from which he gained rich experience in operational skills. He specializes in general surgery and dealing with emergent surgical diseases, as well as minimally invasive surgery. He have received professional training at Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital in Hong Kong to provide individualized, minimally invasive, day surgery for varicose veins in the legs.
His main practices include but are not limited to the following conditions:
• Thyroid: minimally invasive or cosmetic thyroidectomy without neck scar.
• Hernia: minimally invasive or laparoscopic surgery.
• Digestive tract diseases: laparoscopic appendectomy, cholecystectomy, hepatic cyst fenestration and drainage, etc.
• Hemorrhoids: minimally invasive surgery and day surgery.
• Varicose veins of legs: minimally invasive day surgery.
Dr. Tong has published more than 10 articles in domestic and international academic journals. Also, he has participated in redacting medical publications as The Basis And Clinical Practice of Intestinal Barrier Function and Practical Hepatobiliary, Pancreatic And Spleen Operations. Currently, he is a member of Neuroendocrine Oncology Group of the Pancreatic Cancer Committee of China Anti-cancer Association and youth member of the Chinese Medical Association Shanghai Chapter of Enteral And Parenteral Nutrition Committee.