More than just a hormonal imbalance?
• Irregular periods, long menstrual cycle, amenorrhea
• Long facial hair or body hair (chest, abdomen, or upper legs)
• Oily skin or severe acne
• Deep skin pigmentation around the neck, underarms, groin, labia and beneath the breast
• Obesity (oversized waist and high waist-hip ratio)
• Recurring miscarriages, difficulty getting pregnant, infertility
A combination of the above signs and symptoms indicates a hormonal imbalance which could lead to the endocrine disorder, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
What is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is caused by excess secretion of male hormones which suppress the normal secretion of progesterone. This causes proliferation of immature ovarian follicles, causing reduced ovulation, no ovulation, or infertility. As one of the common diseases women of a child-bearing age get, with an average incidence of 1 in 10-15 suffering from the condition. It is also a common hormonal disorder among premenopausal women.
What causes PCOS?
Research indicates that a risk of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is associated with females who:
• Have a family history of female relatives with PCOS
• Are already suffer from obesity, diabetes, insulin resistance, and disorders of the adrenal, thyroid, or pituitary glands
In addition to infertility, PCOS also carries with it other risks
PCOS can also affect other parts of the body apart from the reproductive system. It can cause systemic effects, increasing the risk of serious and life-long risks, including:
• Infertility and recurring miscarriages
• Metabolic and cardiovascular diseases including diabetes, fatty liver, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia
• Increased probability of endometrial cancer and other malignant tumors
How does Jiahui’s gynecologist treat PCOS?
Jiahui PCOS Clinic offers multidisciplinary diagnosis across Gynecology, Dermatology, Nutrition, Sports Medicine, Psychology, and other specialties. Our patient-centric treatment approach takes the family history, fertility requirements, and dietary and fitness habits of each individual into account for personalized treatment, to restore hormone balance, and to better protect your health.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Screening Package
¥2,000 (Retail price: ¥3,598)
• Gynecologist consultation
Our gynecologist will review your health and history of menstrual pain, and perform an initial gynecological check
• Oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) and insulin level
Screen for diabetes and abnormal glucose tolerance
• Sex hormone profile
Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), estrogen (E2), prolactin (PRL), and testosterone (T) levels are performed to better understand hormonal secretion and further assess the endocrine function including the ovaries, pituitary, and hypothalamus
• AMH test
A direct and reliable early indicator of decreased ovarian function, to assess ovarian reserve function and fertility
• Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH)
To identify thyroid function disorders
• Pelvic ultrasound
Ultrasound observation of the uterus and its appendages during ovulation as a screen for the female reproductive system and pelvic lesions
*Call (400) 868 3000 to make a gynecologist appointment
*Promotions are limited to self-paying patients. The promotion package is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for other services or used with other special offers.
*Special prices valid till March 31, 2020.