- Treatments & Services
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) is a chronic, life-long condition of the gastrointestinal tract, which various parts of the digestive system, such as the bowels, become swollen, inflamed and ulcerated. This inflammation can disrupt the healthy functioning of digestion, nutrient absorption and waste elimination.
At present, there is no cure for IBD, and the disease may recur many times in a person's life. It is treated with medicines and sometimes with changes in diet. If the disease is in remission (not causing symptoms), treatment may not be needed, although medicines may help keep the disease in remission. A severe attack may require that the person be hospitalized for treatment. In some cases, surgery may be needed.
Jiahui IBD Clinic is provided by a multidisciplinary team of IBD gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, psychologists, nutritionists and pharmacists for patients with ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, pouchitis, microscopic colitis, lymphocytic colitis and collagenous colitis. We also treat conditions that can accompany IBD and complications from longstanding disease.
The clinic offers advanced medical diagnosis and treatment options with a personalized experience for every patient, including: comprehensive treatment plans encompassing medical treatments such as biologics, nutritional optimization, endoscopies, and minimally invasive surgeries to improve quality of life.
Symptoms of IBD may include:
- Abdominal pain: intermittent pain in the lower abdomen or around the umbilicus, frequent feelings of incomplete defecation; pain usually relieved after defecation; if the pain worsens or becomes consistent, it may mean the disease has progressed
- Frequent diarrhea (with blood or pus): repeated occasions of diarrhea, may have blood in stool, 2-3 times per day when mild and up to 10 times per day when severe
- Gastrointestinal bleeding: often manifested as frequent blood in the stool, causing anemia or shock in severe cases
- Nausea, vomit, bloating, loss of appetite
- Fever, unexplained weight loss, fatigue
- Intestinal stenosis or obstruction: severe abdominal pain, bloating, abdominal mass, constipation
- The inflammation may also affect other parts of the body, leading to mouth ulcers, conjunctivitis, arthritis, dermatitis etc.
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a complex and difficult intestinal disease, including ulcerative and Crohn’s disease, which has a great impact on the quality of life of patients, and can cause various complications such as intestinal bleeding, stenosis, obstruction, and fistula, which can be life-threatening in severe cases. The diagnosis and treatment of IBD has made great progress globally in recent years. The IBD Clinic of Jiahui Hospital is attended by IBD specialists, who has rich clinical experience in this field and has been engaged in IBD research and clinical practice for many years. The IBD Clinic can provide patients with integrated diagnosis and treatment, including comprehensive clinical features, endoscopic and imaging diagnosis and differential diagnosis, including treatment using immunosuppressants, steroids and other options, The treatment options provide also the latest biological treatments to achieve Treat-to-Target strategy, achieving induction, maintenance of remission and reduction of complications. In the state-of-the-art infusion center of Jiahui Hospital, patients are provided a safe and comfortable treatment experience, effectively improving the quality of life and prognosis. In addition, the IBD Clinic with Jiahui Hospital's surgery, imaging, nutrition, psychology, and obstetrics and gynecology form multidisciplinary teams which formulate personalized diagnosis and treatment plans for complex cases, and assist patients in designing and implementing a family and fertility plan.
Lu XIA, MD, PhD
Alex SUN, MD
William CAO, MD, PhD
Xiqing JI, MD, PhDRead MoreDepartment:General SurgeryJiahui International Cancer CenterSurgery ClinicSurgeryInflammatory Bowel Disease ClinicLocation:Jiahui International HospitalLanguages:普通话, English
Affordable prices set your mind at ease
Service Name Price Unit Price Specialist consultation fee per visit 500-1500
* Specific fees are determined by the physician according to the complexity of the patient’s condition. Jiahui Health reserves the right of price interpretation and adjustment. All prices are indicated in RMB.