Tretinoin Cream (0.1%,0.025%) Patient InformatioWhat is this drug used for?For the adjunctive treatment of acne vulg
Rifampin (Rifampicin) Capsule 150mg Patient EducWhat is this drug used for?1. It is used to stop the spread of menin
Isotretinoin Soft Capsules (10mg) Patient InformWhat is this drug used for?It is used to treat pimples (acne).How is
What is this drug used for?
• Used for iron-deficiency anemia caused by chronic blood loss, such as bleeding from menstruation, hemorrhoids and uterine fibroids.
• It can also be used for the iron-deficiency anemia caused by malnutrition and maternal iron deficiency anemia.
How is this drug best taken?
Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
• Take by mouth only.
• Take 1 to 2 tablets once a day for adults, as prescribed by your doctor.
• Certain foods and medicines can reduce the effectiveness of iron tablets.
• Iron tablets usually should not be taken with food, certain antibiotics, tea, coffee, calcium supplements, or milk. Iron should be taken one hour before or two hours after these items.
• If you take antacids, your iron tablets should be taken two hours before or four hours after the antacids
• Iron tablets are best absorbed in an acidic environment; taking iron with vitamin C tablet or orange juice can enhance iron absorption
What are some side effects of oral iron?
• Some people experience a metallic taste, nausea, constipation, stomach upset, dark-colored stools, and/or vomiting after taking oral iron.
• Options for dealing with these side effects include:
○ Take a smaller dose
○ Take iron with food (even though this will reduce the amount of iron your body absorbs, it's still better than not taking it at all)
○ Switch to injectable iron
• Taking iron tablets will turn the stool a dark, almost black color (actually dark green). This is to be expected and does NOT mean that the iron tablets are causing intestinal bleeding.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
• Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
• If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
• Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
1. Store in a cool and dry place (10-30 ℃). Children are at particular risk of iron poisoning, making it very important to store iron tablets out of the reach of children.
1. New edition of pharmacology
2. Product package insert
3. Up to date